January 8, 2013

Blue Rose Card

Despite feeling horrible I managed to do some crafty things today, including making 2 cards.  Here's the second card I made, using the first of my Um Wow Studio embellishments.
I started by die cutting and embossing the oval out of white cardstock.  With the metal die still in place I stamped both the rose (using markers) and notation (using ink).  I tried to sponge tan ink around the edges so it would go with the corrugated cardboard heart better, but I forgot to wipe the excess black ink off the die first, so it's much darker than I'd intended.  Live and learn.  I used pop dots to affix the oval and glue tape for the hearts.

The hearts and embellished paperclip are from the Um Wow Studio December kit. :)

I've posted a close-up of the rose stamp.  Normally when I colour stamps with markers I only use one shade, this time I added a second blue and green making the rose a bit more realistic.  I really liked how it turned out. 

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Close to My Heart - Sweet Moments, Stampendous - Cling Music Score
Ink - Memento
Markers - Stampin' Up, Crayola
Um Wow Studio Embellishments
dollar store rhinestones
pop dots, glue tape

2 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Jessica! Love your gorgeous image and the pretty hearts! Hugs

Karin said...

Love the blue rose!