March 14, 2017

Transformation Card

For their 10th Anniversary Papertrey Ink's set up a series of challenges, one of which is to transform a card you weren't happy with into one you are.

This is the original card using the Simply Jane stamp:

While I liked the Valentine's Day colours, I didn't like what elements I made each colour and the layout was not the best.

Here's my transformed card:

I made it an easel card. I die cut two frames in addition to the stamped frame. I also added some stamped flowers from the set (the bouquet) in light pink to the base cardstock. The easel is held open with a heart button.

March 11, 2017

Nail Polish Marbling Background

I made this card for 2 challenges, Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday nail polish marbling and Simon Says Stamps' making your own background.

I took a plastic container from a frozen item, washed it, and half filled it with water. I then added drops of nail polish on top and carefully put a piece of cardstock (2 white & 2 black) on it, marbling the cardstock. You have to be quick or the nail polish will start to harden (well, it created a film that didn't transfer properly anymore).

I found that some of my nail polishes worked great for this, spreading out or streaking, while others didn't want to drip into the container at all or sank to the bottom.

Here are the 4 panels I did:

For my card, I stamped a sentiment from the Daydreamers set by Papertrey Ink in black ink into the bottom right corner. It got lost in the nail polish, so I stamped it again on a piece of vellum and folded the vellum around the back of the card to attach it to the panel. I then mounted the panel onto a blue card.

March 3, 2017

Picking Fairy Fruit

I made this card for the Lavinia Stamps monthly challenge, sparkle and bling.

I started out by die cutting a panel to do my stamping, then used a Crayola airbrush machine to add some colours. I also sprayed it with shimmer mist so the whole panel glitters.

I stamped the wishing tree, without inking the base, then inked the base further down the card. I filled in the trunk with ink using a sponge. This made the tree tall enough to fit the 'three dancing fairies' underneath the branches. I stamped them in and used glitter glue on the wings. For some extra bling, I added some rhinestone 'fruit' that the fairies are picking.

I attacked the panel to a dark blue cardbase.