August 21, 2012

Tea For Two Easel Card

Today I had the pleasure of getting together with a friend I haven't seen in YEARS.  The two of us, plus her young son and a mutual friend, went to Casa Loma (something else I haven't seen in years).

My friend, who writes Biblical fiction and Christian romances, recently started collecting tea cups.  I didn't want to bog down her luggage, so I made her a tea pot/cup card.  The pot and cups were cut out on my Silhouette.

It didn't want to lie completely flat for this picture so you can see the inside roses peeking out.

I wanted the card to be displayable, so I made it an easel card (my first).  I added a button to the tea pot lid inside, to hold it open.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Rose (Close to my Heart - Sweet Moments), Frame (Hot off the Press - Stamp and Punch), Sentiment (Kaisercraft - Friendship Sentiments)
Ink: Red Crayola Marker, Memento Tuxedo Black, Encore Ultimate Metallic Gold
Gold Accent: Sakura gel pen
Button: Dress it up - Color me red

1 comment:

patty froese said...

And I LOVE it! :D Such a pretty card. Cards are such a personal way to show someone you care.