August 16, 2012

Friends are angels without wings.

CraftDash
+
Less is More
ONE LAYER CARD
and this time the subject of your creations should feature
FUR or FEATHERS
I came across several posts about a new card challenge from Pretty Pink Posh: 10 Minute Craft Dash #1, free for all and so decided to combine that with this week's One Layer Less is More challenge: fur or feathers.  I'll admit I'm cheating a bit on the LIM challenge, using an angel, but I justify it by saying she's got wings and she's holding a bird. :)

I started by gathering my supplies, knowing I'd only have 10 minutes to put the card together.  Once I started the clock I cut my cardstock, lined up my stamps on my large acryllic block, inked and stamped them.  I then used chalk to give the angel's dress a bit of colour.  A little gold gel pen to the halo and voila!  Six minutes and 18 seconds.  After a few moments I decided it was a little TOO bare, so I added the ribbon.  Let's add another minute for that, so 7 minutes 18 seconds.  I must say, despite being a quick card and quite simple, I rather like this one.  And I LOVE the sentiment.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Inkadinkado Angels, Kaiser Crafts Friendship Sentiments
Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo
Chalk: Inkadinkado Brights
pink ribbon
gold gel pen

4 comments:

Paulina said...

I'm so thrilled you found our challenge! You did a great job creating a card in the time limit- and it's cute to boot!

Thanks for joining us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. We hope you'll join us again!

Chrissie said...

I think an angel is perfectly justified for our challenge... it does look as though they are feathery!
Super card.
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

terrific card
The dove has feather anyways!
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Ginny Larsen said...

oh i'm so glad you joined us! i think your angel looks PERFECT with that pink... it's just the right touch--we hope that you'll join us again for our next 10 Minute Craft Dash! thanks & fabulous job :D