August 23, 2012

'Painting' With Inks

One of my favourite blogs is Crafting the Web by Theresa Momber.  If you haven't seen it, go check it out.  Not only is she a fantastic colourist using Copic markers, she 'paints' backgrounds using ink.  She has her own line of stamps from Gina K. Designs and gives step by step instructions on how to recreate her cards on her website.  Here's one sample of her work that focuses on scenery:

For some of my other favourite images, go here, here, here, here...  Just scrolling through all her back posts will bring up so many amazing cards.

I'd never seen this technique before, and decided I wanted to learn how to do it.  So I bought Memento inks (the ones she uses) and tried out several types of sponges.

Over the next several days I'll share my attempts (mostly failures so far) and what I've learned.

No comments: