August 9, 2012

Peacock Cards

I made these cards both because I wanted to use my new Peacock stamp set and metallic inks, but also because I wanted something to submit to this week's Less is More Challenge, Week 79Blue & Green.

The first card I did was purple ink on a dark green background (yes, I know, not the challenge colours).  I saw a card in Paper Crafts magazine a while back that had a gorgeous peacock feather in purple on a dark green background and thought it looked amazing.  My attempts to buy that particular stamp were thwarted by the stamps going out of print, so this is as close as I could get.  This card is also shorter than the other two (therefore it doesn't have a ribbon) because the first time I tried punching through the 2 layers of cardstock it messed up (the Martha Stewart punches aren't quite as strong as the Fiskars in this respect, so I changed the punch for the other two).

For the second card I used teal ink on a blue background (I didn't buy the metallic green, so this was the closest I could get).  I decided it wasn't quite close enough for the challenge so I did a third card, with blue on light green.
 
The inks really shimmer, but you have to clean you stamps IMMEDIATELY after stamping (I used soap and water as it's a pigment ink), or the ink won't come off completely (and even if it does come off, I noticed a faint staining effect).

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Stampendous - Proud Peacock
Inks: Encore Ultimate Metallic - purple, teal, blue
Punches: Martha Stewart Arch Lattice, Fiskars Dotted Scallop Edger punch
Hot-Fix jewels iridescent - Darice; teal - Imaginesce (4mm), mystery company (3mm) (I bought a set in Germany but threw away the label as I hadn't planned on starting this blog at the time)
Ribbon - from stash (Note, the teal ribbon with silver edging was actually white, coloured with a teal Crayola marker)

6 comments:

Pia S said...

These look really elegant, and I'm sute they are even more stunning in real life!

Kathyk said...

A totally elegant card

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Sweet cards
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting on these lovely cards!
I love the middle one!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Jessica! The peacock image is so pretty! I love how you added a punched border on your cards.

Patty Froese said...

Very pretty!