May 30, 2013


This is a card I made a while ago but I still haven't had time for crafting what with work and gardening.  I'm hoping to get some crafting time in this weekend...

I stamped the doilies before running the cardstock through my embossing machine.  The giant glass shape was cut out on the silhouette, and the image stamped on afterwards.  There's a slight blurring on the top where I double stamped a bit by accident, but I think it adds to the alcohol effect of the card. :)

I added glossy accents to the little and big martini glasses to give them a bit of dimension after colouring the image with markers.

May 23, 2013

Sorry for the lack of posts...

I've been working extra the past few weeks and haven't had much (read 'any') time for card crafting or blog posting.  I'll try to get something interesting here soon. :)

May 10, 2013

It's 5:00 Somewhere...

I made this card for Kenny K's challenge of Flowers, flowers, flowers.  Colouring these images takes a while so I haven't done many recently.  In fact, this card took over 2 hours to make...  But I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The digital image was printed off and then cut out on my Silhouette (I printed and cut out a bunch of images a while back, so this isn't counted in that 2+ hours).  I coloured her in with pencil crayons, trying a few new shading ideas on the hair that I think worked out well.  The gold jewelry and dots on the dress were done with a gold gel pen.  I coloured the alcohol in the glass with a glitter pen and then covered the glass with glossy accents.
The circular die cut is by Marianne Createables, the large flowers and tag are Spellbinders.  For the small flowers I punched tissue paper and threaded either a gold brad or a piece of wire through the layers, turning the layers so they look full.  For the wire flowers, I topped them with rhinestones.  For the bigger flowers I curled down the petals for the die cut and added the punched and gathered flower to the centre, curling the petals first in, then out a bit.

For the card base, I stamped Impression Obsession's gradation in aqua.  I glued the two main die cuts on, curling the tag's edges.  The sentiment was also stamped in aqua, from a There She Goes set.  I used foam tape to apply the woman and carefully glued on the flowers, fluffing them up again once they'd set.

May 8, 2013

Shimmery Butterfly

I'm submitting this card to two challenges, Simon Says Stamp's Things With Wings and A Blog Named Hero's All That Glitters.

I started the paper a while back and only figured out what I wanted to do with it today.  I put a few drops of reinker ink (blue and peacock green) on a stamp block, misted it, swirled the ink around a bit and then put my piece of watercolour paper down.

Today, I looked at the paper and while I liked the colours, thought I could do better.  As one of the challenges is all about shininess, I used some complementary metallic gelatos over the ink, misted it, and smeared the colour in.  This time I used my heat tool to dry the paper, as I wanted to work with it right away.

For the butterfly, I heat embossed red glitter embossing powder on vellum.  I'm impressed that the velum didn't curl or anything when I applied the heat gun.  For a bit more colour I wet a brush and applied some gold and metallic red gelato to the wings (starting with the back and then doing the front when the colour didn't show through enough).  I think markers would have given more colour but I didn't want to colour over the gelatos in case it ruined them (the way colouring over crayons or pencil crayons will).

I fussy cut the butterfly out and then stamped my flower in a true blue ink on the panel.  I used a green glitter pen for the stem.

The watercolour paper curled a bit so I attached it to my cardstock using heavy double sided tape and some glue (as a few bits curled up despite the tape).  I glued on the metallic red ribbon and then the butterfly.

 And, so you can see some of that shimmer, a detail shot.

May 5, 2013

CAS: Shimmery Joy

I made this card for CAS-ual Friday's 100th challenge, which is a tic tac toe board.  The line I picked was "kraft - bling - emboss".

I started with a piece of kraft cardstock.  Kraft isn't my favourite colour to work with but I took inspiration from these cards by Jennifer McGuire.

I started out by stamping a flower from Close to my Heart's Delight set, in white pigment in on the kraft.  Originally I was going to do the black and white square on the challenge board, but realized it wasn't in my line, so instead of doing a raised layer on the flower embossed in white and popped up, I decided to emboss over the white with red glitter embossing powder.  This gave the card a nice Christmas feel (maybe I don't need to buy a mistletoe stamp after all).

I masked a part of the flower so the black ink I used for the stem wouldn't get on it, then stamped and embossed "JOY" (from a cheap stamp set I got at Michael's).  To finish off I added a bit of the bling the challenge required.

I love the shimmer of the red embossing powder.