October 7, 2012

Core'dinations Christmas Card

Like a lot of companies, Core'dinations is having a contest for yesterday's World Card Making Day.  Since I own Core'dinations cardstock (you have to use some to enter the contest) and don't use it often (because it's expensive and I want to 'save' it), I decided to try the challenge.  After all, it's no good to have a lot of pretty papers if you never use them, right?  And it gave me the chance to try some new things.  Like paper ripping.  I like clean cut lines, but Core'dinations papers look awesome ripped, so I gave it a go.

Here's my card:
It was more complicated than most of the cards I've made recently, if only because it uses several papers, stamps and an embossing folder.  I cut the sides of both pieces of Core'dinations cardstock so they'd fit the card, then ripped the green piece.  I cut the blue so no black would show underneath.  Then I taped the two pieces together and stamped the trees, allowing for overlap.

I took the papers apart and embossed the blue sheet, pressing down on the snowflakes that formed over the tree tops so they wouldn't look strange, then very lightly sanded the snowflakes so they'd show up better.  Meanwhile, on the green sheet I stamped and coloured the deer.  I taped te papers back together again to place properly on the card base.

I stamped the sentiment before using a tape runner to affix the top layers.  The green overlapped a bit too much, so I added a few drops of glue so it would stick to the blue and not pull off the card.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations Flower Power, Recollections
Stamps: Stampendous - Winter Trees, Technique Tuesday - Treemendous
Ink: Memento, Versa Magic - white
Marker: Crayola
Embossing Folder: Sizzix - Christmas Set 3
glue, tape runner, sandpaper

3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Very cool! Love all the thought you put into this.

Patty Froese said...

This one is SO pretty! And I love the sentiment on it. What a great card!

Karin said...

Love this card too!