October 6, 2012

Christmas Ornament Card

Today is World Card Making Day!

While I made two Christmas cards yesterday, I decided I needed to do some card crafting today too.  I spent some time this morning on my Silhouette, making Christmas ornament templates, then cut out a bunch in different colours.

My husband suggested doing a hanging ornament card, so that's what I did.  The colours on the card are a bit washed out, the backing is a light beige not white.
I made enough ornaments to do a ton of cards, though dealing with the jewelry wire was a bit of a pain so I don't think I'd do any more free hanging cards (or use thread instead).  I also have plans to use stamps to make the ornaments look cool.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
ribbon (stash)
thin jewelry wire
Stamp: Stampendous - Winter Trees
Ink: Memento

4 comments:

Patty Froese said...

Sometimes our cameras get creative on us. LOL! The tan would look fantastic!

Karin said...

Nice idea! Just put some sparkle on the ornaments. or try your hand at creating a little winter scene in the ornament.

I'll show this one to kd to see if she wants to make some chr. cards. This one would be uncomplicated enuf for her to try it!

Jessica Strider said...

@ Karin - that was my original idea, to add some designs to the ornaments. But I guess I wanted the picture for this up fast and I forgot to do that. I made another card with more ornaments where I've put some decoration on them. I should go back and make these ones nicer.

Jessica Strider said...

I'd either use actual string or draw a line to 'hang' the ornaments, as the wire was a bit of a pain to use. Black marker actually looks great for this, especially if you add a little bow where it attaches to the ornament.