September 26, 2013

Lawn Fawn Deer

This is the first card I made yesterday for the CAS-ual Friday's Fall Colors and a Leaf challenge.  I thought this was too busy, but looking at it again, I don't think it is, so I'm submitting it after all.  I'm not generally a fan of brown, but I'm having fun playing with it lately.  I'm also submitting it to Simon Says Stamp's Anything Goes challenge.

This card again uses the stuff I won from Lawn Fawn.  I love the maple leaf sequins.  And yes, I know, birch trees don't drop maple leaves, but that's what I had so...

I started by stamping the deer on white cardstock and colouring it with markers.

I used brown cardstock for the base, then cut a piece of patterned paper to go on top because I wanted something to wrap the brown and white hemp twine around.  I attached the paper to the base, then added the shimmery dark orange leaf sequins and the fussy cut deer to the card with pop dots.  Lastly I glued on the blue sequin.


6 comments:

Deepti said...

This is so sweet :) love the effect of leaves flowing

Sally said...

Such a cute design! Love the Lawn Fawn deer and the single sequin!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! So very sweet!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Anonymous said...

The deer is so cute! But the colour combo of the blue and brown is so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Amy Kolling said...

Adorable!!! That little deer image gets me every time.....looks perfect on the wood paper! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Patty said...

I like the trees in the background. Very cute!