September 25, 2013

I Love Fall

This is the second card I made for CAS-ual Friday's current challenge: Fall Colors and a Leaf.  I thought the first one turned out a bit too busy for a clean and simple card, though looking at some of the other entries, maybe it would have been ok.  Anyway, I'll post that card tomorrow.  For today, I've definitely got a CAS card.

Since it's a fall theme and I just won some fall oriented things from Lawn Fawn, I decided to play with them.

I started out by scoring three lines on the bottom of the cardstock for the ground.  I stamped the tree in brown and then the leaves in various colours.  I'd actually planned to put an animal next to the tree (either the racoon - which didn't end up fitting the colour scheme - or the fox - which would have) but in the end decided that the card looked fine without anything in the middle.  I stamped the sentiment to give the card a bit of balance.


1 comment:

Deb said...

I love the score lines on the bottom of your card! And those falling leaves are perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!