March 9, 2013

Lace and Pearls Challenge

This card is for Kenny K's Lace and Pearl Challenge.  I printed the image on cardstock and die cut it out.  The die cut was very intricate, with a lacy style frame which, when paired with the lace for the challenge, seemed too much, so I cut the frame off.  But first I used some light blue and silver ink around the edges.

I coloured the image in with pencil crayons.  I started using gamsol for blending and realized that the image was small enough, and I was already blending with several shades, that I didn't need it.  I used a silver water colour pencil for accents.

I cut a silver cardstock panel and hot glue gunned the lace and ribbon to the back before attaching the panel to the card.  I stamped the sentiment, added the pearls and use pop dots to add the image (since the ribbon's fairly thick).


No comments: