March 7, 2013

Make Your Own Embellishment Challenge Card

Yes, I'm back to fluorescents.  Michaels had a pack of fluorescent cardstock, which is now happily ensconced in my craft room. :)

I keep missing the A Blog Named Hero challenges, so I got my butt in gear today and made this card before the current contest closed.  The challenge is: Just Make Your Own (Embellishment)

In retrospect the Hero Arts background is a bit busy for the flower, so it might have looked better having a small patterned area below the ribbon and the top of the card blank.  I left the bottom clear so I could add a sentiment later.

The flower is made with a Sizzix accordion die, with Spellbinders providing the stem.  The face of the flower is Hero Arts' small solid flower in fluorescent pink, with glitter pen and glossy accents on top, to give it some bling and dimension.  I finished the card with a piece of fluorescent yellow ribbon as ground/grass.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, your card is so beautiful and the flower is totally cool. I just love the clear embossed center. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Unknown said...

So pretty and the pale green with the florescent is just perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at A Blog Named Hero! :)