July 12, 2012

Pocket Watch Card: Time Flies

Since I showed part of this card yesterday as an example for fussy cutting, I thought I'd post the card itself.  I ended up giving it to one of my brother's for his birthday last month.  Pocket watches and gears make such a nice masculine card.  Doesn't hurt that I'm into steampunk. :)
The stamp is called Clock Wings from Inkadinkado, the embossing plate is Clockworks from Cuttlebug.  The papers are Recollections cardstock, and I coloured in the clock with various Jellyroll gel pens (gold and silver if I remember correctly).

Your 'don't do what I did' tip of the day is: don't use a gold gel pen to colour glossy chipboard if you're impatient and not willing to give it a LOT of time to dry (assuming it will eventually dry).  Instead, cover the chipboard with versamark and heat emboss it with gold embossing powder.  It only takes a few minutes and then you can write/stamp your sentiment.

No comments: