Today I've got my entry for Kenny K's Steampunk challenge and Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge. I've missed working with the awesome Kenny K digis. Today I used Brianna Blaster for my card. I printed her out and cut her outline using my Silhouette SD (one reason I haven't used digis for a bit is because my cutting mat needed replacing and I dithered over it as the SD has been discontinued, so I needed to find an alternate. More on that next week).
I started with a red layer meant to back Brianna. I have a doily stamp that looks like wrought iron, so I inked that a few times in black. I then cut a similar sized black piece of cardstock to put underneath and stamped some gears on it in versa mark ink. I then embossed those with red glitter embossing powder (much of which later wiped off, but it still looks cool). I ended up switching the layers around to show more of the embossing.
The third layer is black magic cardstock from Core-dinations. It's black on top and white underneath. I cut the piece and then ripped the edges. I embossed it with a steampunk plate and then sanded some of the raised bits. The cardback is black cardstock.
For the embellishments I used some silver and grey gears I cut out the last time I did a steampunk card, glued on between the layers. The 3D gear is from one of my tape runners painted with metallic nail polish. I had to cut out the centre part as it stuck out too much, so I glued a gear brad to cover the hole. The colour of the brad was too dull for the card so I painted it with silver nail polish.
Finally Brianna. I coloured her with pencil crayons, adding a silver pencil crayon for the hair, eyes and parts of her gun and outfit. I also used black and silver glitter pens for the detail work and a red glitter pen for the gauzy cape she's wearing. There's a touch of glossy accents on her goggles.
The layers are all taped on with Brianna added with pop-dots at the end. It's one of the busiest cards I've made, but I rather like it.