February 5, 2013

Cupcake Party

This card started with another item from my Um Wow Studio kit, the paper flags.  I've never used flags on a project before (though I did use hanging letters on a string once), so I wasn't quite sure what to do with them.  I ended up picking out the blue cardstock, punching 2 small holes and threading the string through to tie the flags to the paper.  Then what?

The flags made me think of a party, which is when I remembered my new There She Goes: Make a Wish stamp set.  I pulled it out and considered the images, settling on the cupcakes.  I stamped the pieces in black and grey, then coloured it in with blue and grey markers (to match the paper and flags).  To mimic sprinkles, I dabbled on some glue and then sprinkled the icing with blue mica pieces.

Voila!  The sentiment is from the same set as the cupcakes.

No comments: