October 3, 2013

Birthday Rays

I'll be posting mostly Christmas cards from here on out, as I've made a ton of them (that I haven't posted yet).  Since my time is becoming more limited, I'll be concentrating on the rest of the Christmas cards I need.

But for today I've got a masculine birthday card for you.  It was a very easy card to put together, but uses an unconventional crafting product.  I don't do nail art.  Though I think it's lovely my nails break too easily (and often) for me to bother.  But I saw thin strips of metallic tape on sale for nail art and thought it would look great on a card.

I started with a piece of black cardstock, stamped 'Happy Birthday' in gold, then made some rays with the tape. The only thing to be aware of is the tape's not particularly sticky.  I suspect it's designed to have nail polish applied on top to keep it in place.  It works well enough though and is so shiny!  I finished the card by slapping the cardstock on a cream base.

1 comment:

Karin said...

very nice!

Manly, yes, but I like it too! :P