October 16, 2013

Flipped Butterflies

I've wanted this embossing folder ever since I first saw a project using it, but didn't think I'd ever get my hands on it as it's been discontinued.  Well, I found a site in the U.S. that had atrocious shipping costs but that folder in stock, so I placed an order.

And now it's mine. :D

The concept I had in mind to put gold ink on the raised parts of the embossing folder and letter press them didn't quite work.  I always got residue on the unraised parts, making the final card look pretty bad.  So I finally just embossed the whole thing in black and used a gold pen on the raised parts for the contrast I wanted.

I then added the punched butterflies.  The ink pad was a truer, brighter gold than my pen, but it still looks good.  I matted the embossed panel on a gold panel to aid the contrast, then mounted that on the black card base.

1 comment:

Patty said...

That's really neat!