July 12, 2012

Less is More: Gold

What's this?  Two posts in one day???  Yup.  One of my reasons for starting this craft blog was to encourage myself to enter some of the card challenges on the web.  One I've been following for a while is "Less is More".  You can see the other entries for this challenge here.  I like simple cards (on the whole) so this challenge site seemed well suited to my work.  Anyway, here's my card.
The base is plain white cardstock.  I punched two strips of gold paper using Martha Stewart's Arch Lattice Edge punch and edged a length of white paper with it.  I then cut out an oval of white and an oval of gold, stamped Happy Anniversary (sorry, don't know which company that's from*) and added some sequin hearts and one cut out gold heart.  The concertina butterfly is white cardstock edged in gold marker, scored using my Martha Stewart score board and finished with gold jewelry wire (the stuff designed for beading).  I learned about the concertina butterfly from Shirl's Cards.  She's got a tutorial for how to make them, and will send you the template if you email her.

The card doesn't show it well, but the gold paper is really shiny (Recollections Precious Metals from Michaels).
* The sentiment is from Inkadinkado's wedding clear stamp set (the link goes to Michaels because I couldn't find this set on the Inkadinkado site).

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

Sweet card Jessica!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Patty Froese said...

It's beautiful! Good luck! :)

Karin said...

Looks great!

Jessica Strider said...

Thanks. :) I wish I'd had better lighting, or whitened the photo after the fact. Oh well.

Marrigje said...

Your buttefly is great folding. I used to make tons of that, but forgot all about them. Thanks for the reminder.
It is a great card.

Marrigje

Mandi said...

Lovely card Jessica
Super butterfly
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"