February 9, 2015

Admire & Love You card

I made this card for the Papertrey Ink challenge to make a card inspired by the work of Maile Belles (one of their designers).  So I decided to case her "Wishing you a lovely birthday" card.  I liked that there was a space between the panels and started with that.

I started with a piece of pink cardstock and stamped the couple from the Papertrey Ink Simply Jane set in red ink.  I then used a paper trimmer to cut the straight line around shoulder height and fussy cut around their heads.  I trimmed the bottom so it would fit on my white card base and lined up a second piece of pink cardstock with the heads tucked under.  I stamped the frame in black ink, so it slightly overlapped on their feet but, with the heads covered, not their heads.  I then trimmed the top of the second piece so it would fit the card.

I stamped the sentiment, from the same set, on the bottom of the card in black ink.

I used a tape runner to stick the top piece on first, then the panel with the figures, with the heads stuck to the top piece.  For accent I added a few sequin hearts.

1 comment:

Patricia Johns said...

Gotta love Jane Austen! :D