I wasn't sure how well acetate would work for stencils, being thinner than the stencils you buy at the store, nor did I know how well modelling paste would work. So I mixed some red dye into the paste and tested out the brick stencil.
I'd meant to leave a border around all of the stencils so I'd be able to tape them down, but forgot to factor that in when I made the brick pattern, so I ended up with a stencil just barely larger than my paper.
I was able to secure it, then used a plastic palette knife ti smear the paste onto the stencil. I mixed the paste and colour on a Spellbinders die package. The lip around the packaging helped keep the paste from making a mess and it was easy to clean up. You can see the panel in the photo below, with the stencils.
I let the panel dry over night, then cut a rectangle out of it for my card. I'd tried to be smooth with the paste, but found the rougher areas have nicer texture and a more realistic old brick look. The paste once dry is a little spongy but very flexible and light.
I cut a chimney top out of white cardstock, some red legs, cloud punched white boot toppers and black boots. I assembled the vanishing Santa, then stamped my sentiment in black ink and added a piece of glitter ribbon as a roof before attaching the chimney to the white cardstock base.
I'm submitting this card to Simon Says Stamp's Christmas/Holidays challenge.