October 30, 2014

Presents Under the Tree Card

Simon Says Stamp is having another 'anything goes' challenge on their Wednesday challenge blog, so I'm submitting this Christmas card.

I started this card by cutting out the window and used a background stamp from JustRite in light blue ink that looked sort of wallpaperish before taping the window back in place.  I used a calendar page of one of Thomas Kinkade's paintings for the view (it's a Christmas scene at central park in NYC).

I glued on the presents (cut and punched squares that I applied glitter glue to) and lots of punched branches (from the bottom up).  For the tree decorations I glued on several punched circles with glitter glue accents, a star and two pieces of nail art tape that approximated tinsel (it was a bit of a pain to attach, but looks really cool).


3 comments:

Karin said...

Beautiful!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Jess, I love the scene you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Patricia Johns said...

So many textures, I love it!