May 16, 2014

Heart Anniversary Card

I got the idea for this card from a craft company's catalogue.  I started out by die cutting half of the heart die out of my card base.  I then used the inside line of the die to guide my gold pen for a full heart shape.  I die cut a second, smaller heart for the sentiment, which I stamped in gold ink and hand drew a gold heart around.  I used two sizes of punches to make flowers out of gold metallic cardstock to edge part of the heart and added mini pearls to the centers.  I used the same paper to edge the inside of the card so the hearts would stand out more.  I added another smaller heart inside the card so there's a white space to write a greeting on.  To finish off the card I punched three tiny hearts on the bottom left and added 2 mini pearls.

I'm submitting this to Simon Says Stamp's Die Crazy challenge.


3 comments:

Shona said...

Just gorgeous, and what a great idea with the die cut!

Lin said...

As a lover of all things hearts, I adore your card, Jess! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Karin said...

very elegent!