January 31, 2014

Enjoy Life's Moments

This card is for Simon Says Stamp's Anything Goes with Twine or String challenge.

I started out by making a cloud mask out of paper, than inking it with a sponge and light blue ink.  I wanted a string kite string and string ground, so I stamped the girl in pink (I originally wanted black, but thought with the other colours I was using it would look too harsh).  I added the string 'ground' and stamped the sentiment.  I added the kite string, gluing the hand end with glossy accents and the kite end with a pop dot.  I stamped the kite in black and coloured it in with a dark blue marker, then fussy cut it out.  I wanted it to pop, hence the darker colours, so I went over it with glossy accents.  In retrospect, I should have made it a bold bright colour for contrast, rather than black and blue.

I added the panel to my card base and, once the butterfly was dry, attached it to the top of the pop-dot I'd used to glue the string down.

The girl and kite are by Mama Elephant, the sentiment is Kaiser Craft.


1 comment:

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card, I love the way you have used the twine
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x