July 2, 2013

Velum Rose

I bought a stamp set online of rose outlines and leaves a little while ago and when it arrived (as sometimes happens) I was surprised by the size of the stamps.  I expected the roses to be fairly small to regular, a good size for cards.  What I got was medium to large - too large, I thought, for cards.

Then I remembered some cards using stamps that go off the page and that used stamps in creative ways.  I'm still planning the off the page card, but I decided to use the stamping on vellum technique with this set.

So, I used versa mark ink and then heat embossed with lilac embossing powder.  I added a touch of colour with a purple dye ink (it didn't show up well, so I left them mostly white/vellum).  The leaves were embossed with teal powder, with some teal pigment ink on top (also didn't show up well).

For the card, I used a purple cardstock for the back with a sheet of patterned paper taped on top.  I die cut my new ribbon threader border, inking the dry embossed parts with white ink.  I threaded a dark purple ribbon through and then glued it on.  The centre of the flowers was done with a blue/purple glitter glue.

Lastly I added the flower.  The bottom layer is glued on the page, with one side of the leaves underneath.  I pop dotted the tips of the leaves so they'd stick up a bit and the second layer of the rose.

I've got some room in the middle for a sentiment, should I decide to add one when I give the card.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I really like this one! The different textures, the pretty colors... Very nice.