So, the first step was to google salsa dance silhouettes and pick a nice image to make a cut file for. I found one and traced it into Silhouette's studio program. Since it needed to be larger than the silhouette on the front of the card, I spent a long time making sure it looked good as a cut file, modifying all the lines and curves so it looked really good.
After getting the dancers, I realized my curtain idea was a bit lame and looked into making the dancers themselves the pop-up. This was easier to learn how to do than I expected (here's the tutorial I adapted). The execution, however, was hard. I had to watch that video numerous times and redo steps several times to make it work. I also decided to take out the perforated fold lines as the joins were so small I was afraid they would rip if I kept those in.
I cut out my pop-up, made some corrections, and cut it out again a bit smaller (so it wouldn't stick out of the card when folded).
My husband suggested doing the pop-up in gold to match the background and then add the black silhouette on the front to add contrast. I think it was a good plan, as the non-shiny backing made a good 'sand' for the front of the card. You can't see it very well in this photo, but the gold really shines (I used Michael's brand, Recollections cardstock. The metallic pack is cheap, includes 5 colours and are all very shiny on one side).
I glued the black dancers to the gold paper, then the entire pop-up to the backing paper, one side at a time to make sure it would open properly. The rest of the card was just a matter of cutting a frame for the 2 stamp sentiment. I curved the white edges and used an embossing edge punch on the black paper. The sentiment was stamped with gold ink.
Sorry, I used so many materials for this card I can't even remember them all, so I'm not doing a supplies list.
And here it is, the inside of my pop-up wedding card, the most difficult card I've done to date.