September 4, 2012

Fairy Card 1

This card was an experiment in a couple of things.  I improved all of them in the second card I did, which I'll post tomorrow.


I started the card by 'ink painting' the background.  That meant taking my sponges and making a radiating pattern from the center where I intended to stamp the fairy.  I used blue and green ink, then some gold to give it a bit of sparkle.  The obvious error here is that I inked into the fairy's skin (most notably her face).  I coloured her with markers, used a glitter pen to give her wings some shine, and added a few heat set gems.  To finish, I punched the bottom.


While I wasn't entirely happy with the ink background (it smeared well in some areas and made splotches in others) on the whole I did like the card.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamp: Make it Crafty - Fairy Celandine
Ink: Memento, Encore Ultimate Metallic
Markers: Crayola
Punch: EK Tools - Dotted Scallop Edger 
glitter pen
hot fix gems (I own these from several companies, so I'm not saying which I used, as I'm not sure)

No comments: