November 28, 2012

Hello Gorgeous!

I made the backing panel for this card months ago but didn't know what to do with it.  I found the technique on another blog.  Unfortunately that must have been before I joined pinterest as I didn't pin the card and so don't remember which blog it was from.

I stamped Hero Arts' Lattice Background in versamark ink on watercolour paper, applied white embossing powder and heat embossed it.  The other blogger then used Tim Hotlz distress markers for the colouring job (these markers act more like ink, running when water is applied).  I don't have distress markers so I used Crayola markers.  As waterbased markers, they also run when water is applied and wipe off the embossed area well so you don't have to be too exact when colouring as long as you wipe the embossed area every few minutes.  In retrospect adding the red was a mistake as the blue and purple ran together nicer.  I sprinkled the card with water and pulled the colour across the embossed ridges a bit with a cloth.  I should have only pulled blue to purple and purple to red, rather than pulling some of the red into the purple.  I also sprayed the card with sparkling mist, so it would shimmer in the light.

The woman, purse and sentiment are from Penny Black's Hello Gorgeous stamp set, inked in black.  I coloured her in with Crayolas and fussy cut her out.  The sentiment and purse are stamped on parchment paper, which I taped to the back of the panel.  I'd intended to have the woman more on the blue side, but forgot when I stuck the parchment down, so here she is. :)

1 comment:

Patty said...

So much goes into making these cards! A lot of work!