November 2, 2012

Believe Doily Card

As Christmas is still some time away and I don't want to run out of holiday cards to post in December, I thought I'd post some non-Christmas cards for the next little bit.

This is a card I made quite some time ago (a year or more).  I really liked how it turned out, so I should make some more of these.  The white rim with the embossed roses is from a dollar store doily.  Originally I'd left it blank underneath but decided it needed some contrast (and structure) so added the red cardstock.   I also added some clear glitter glue to the corners of the frame and to the roses (though that may have come after I took this picture)

The corners of the frame were embossed and punched using a 4-in-1 punch I got on clearance from an online store. :)  Unfortunately you can't see the detail in this photo.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Doily
Stamp: ? I think it's a cheap stamp I got a Michaels.  I'm not sure what brand it is.
Ink: ?  This was done before I got my Memento inks, so it's probably a cheap ink pad I picked up somewhere, or maybe a marker.
Corner punch: Embossing Punch 4-in-1 Elegance
clear glitter glue

1 comment:

Patty Froese said...

I like using the doily. A neat use!