November 4, 2014

Angel Holiday Card

I started this card with a piece of dark green cardstock for the base and a piece of slightly smaller white cardstock for the front panel.  I stamped the angel and then die cut an oval next to it.  I stamped the harp and then started punching out lots of branches.  I lined the oval and glued a piece of music notation (a scrap piece from a public domain song I printed on resume paper a few years ago) behind it.  I added some red glitter gel pen to the stamps (the angel's corset and various flowers) before gluing the front panel onto the card base.  

I very lightly inked three poinsettia flowers (cut on the Silhouette), and glued them together.  I used 3 daubs of a thick gold embossing paint in the center.  I took a sewing pin with a bead on the end and added beads I bought that form an angel and glued it to the back of the poinsettia before gluing the poinsettia to the page.  To finish, I added a few gold embossing dots at the ends of some swirls.

I'm entering this in Simon Says Stamps' Anything Goes challenge as well. 


2 comments:

cheiron said...

Such a pretty card. Love the accent of the music paper. Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Patricia Johns said...

I LOVE this one! So pretty!