August 25, 2014

Ivy Prayers Card

I made this card for the Marianne Design Diva's card challenge "Anything Goes".

I started out by cutting out the image from the MD Vintage Christmas 2 cutting sheet.  I decided to use the square passe partout die as a frame, but needed a backing so cut out a plain square and the passe partout from cream resume paper.  I inked the edges of the plain square with tan dye ink.  I die cut the ivy (CR1253) out of green cardstock and a rectangle of red paper that I stamped with a french script background stamp.

When it came time to put the card together I decided to turn the plain square so it would make a kind of star double framing the image and then glued everything down on a base of cream cardstock.

It was meant to be a summer card, but looks more like a Christmas card (despite the use of ivy rather than holly).




3 comments:

Blankina said...

Such a pretty Christmas cards with the lovely Marianne Design goodies. Lovely to see someone from overseas.
Please come back soon, thanks for joining Marianne Design Divas,
Hugs Blankina

Tineke van der Linden said...

Een prachtige kaart heb je gemaakt.
Dank je wel voor je bijdrage bij MD Divas.
Groetjes Tineke

Patricia Johns said...

I really love this one! And it does feel Christmassy!