June 5, 2013

Eagle Father's Day Card

Once again, sorry about the lack of posts lately.  I finally had some card crafting time again, so I hope to get back to my regular posting schedule.

This is the Father's Day card I made.  I'm submitting it to Simon Says Stamp's Masculine/Father's Day challenge.

I stamped the background tree in black ink, and then smudged dark green ink around the branches.  The eagle was stamped in black and then embossed with clear powder.  It shimmers a bit, which looks cool.  I coloured the beak and claws with pencil crayons before embossing it.

I added faint clouds in the sky with a mask and ink daubers.  Finally two of the corners were emboss punched before I added the panel to my backing.

4 comments:

Patty said...

It looks really good! It has a great masculine feel to it.

Karin said...

looks great!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card...

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Jessia, I love that tree stamp.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx