March 26, 2013

Watercolour Stamping Plus Embossing

This card was made for the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge #109: Watercolour Stamping Plus Embossing.  The sample card was just gorgeous for this challenge, so I really wanted to try it.  My first attempt used the Hello Sunshine set and turned out great.  BUT, as I was heating the embossing powder I realized I'd just stamped the images, and didn't use any watercolour, making it ineligible for this challenge.  So I made the card below. :)  Look for the other card next week.

For this card I put a few drops of re-inker ink on a piece of acrylic (blue and green for the stems and grass, and then red, purple and blue for the flowers) and used that to ink my stamps instead of a stamp pad.  The ink soaks into the paper like watercolours.  Then you stamp a little to the side with versamark and add embossing powder.  I love that the flowers (from the PTI Day Dreamers set) inked en mass but only embossed the circles.  I like seeing the stamped colours underneath.  The sentiment is from the same set and inked in black.  In retrospect it might have looked better between the stems.  Ah well.  The panel was tape runnered to a piece of matching green cardstock.

For the butterfly, I die cut it out and then dipped it in the leftover inks.
 Here's a close-up of the embossed flower and butterfly.
I love how this turned out, so I'll probably do more of it in the future. :D

1 comment:

Nancy Penir said...

Jessica, you make me want this stamp set. The white just pops on that blue! Butterfly is beautiful too!