March 7, 2014

Starry Sky card

I've started making 'best wishes' cards for my co-workers, for when I'm laid off.  This card is for a manager who loves astronomy and camping.

I started out by stamping the fire.  I masked it with an edge to edge post-it note (stamped and fussy cut out).  I then inked in the ground (using beige, brown and black ink and a sponge).  Then I stamped some trees.  I masked around the sky to make the moon, and around the fire to make the yellow glow.   I masked the ground, the moon and the fire/glow and started brayering two shades of blue and some black.  I punched the stars, careful to avoid punching the moon.  Lastly I stamped, coloured, cut and pop-dotted the raccoon.  Oh, and to make the stars yellow I inked some yellow and orange on the inside top of the card (with a mask so the ink stops just below where the stars land.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Very Nice!

Have you ever thot of expanding your stamping to doing larger pictures for framing?

Jessica Strider said...

Not with stamped designs. You'd have a LOT of sky with this picture if I did it 8 1/2 x11.