February 7, 2014

Rainbow Wishes

This card is for Papertrey Ink's 7th Anniversary Timed challenge.  You have 7 minutes to grab supplies and 17 to craft your card.

I started out by grabbing my supplies - and some extras just in case I wanted something extra I hadn't thought of when planning my card.  I stamped the sentiment on the bottom of my cardstock, then stamped the balloon on a separate piece.

I masked the bottom of the card and stamped some grass using a flourish piece and the bottom of the bouquet (turned upside down) from Simply Jane, and the tips of the grass from Daydreamer.

I stamped the left cloud, masked it and decided where to put the other cloud and masked that one too. Then I stamped the rainbow.  I was starting to panic about my timing and so grabbed the wrong red marker when colouring it (I should have used a lighter shade) and wasn't as careful about the lines as I'd have liked.

To finish off, I fussy cut the hot air balloon and used pop-dots to apply it to the card.

I considered adding another hot air balloon behind and to the right of the first, but looked at the time and decided I didn't have time for it.  Though, thinking about it now, had I stamped it on the card instead of cutting it out I would have...  Ah well.

The rainbow, clouds, sentiment and balloon are all from the Up, Up and Away set.

I made the card in 13:25.


No comments: